Thursday, November 24, 2005

-A WalK dowN tHe mEmOrY LaNe-

Over the past 10 weeks, there are times when I would take a walk down to the Esplanade and head home from City Hall instead of Raffles Place...

Exercise, one may think.. but that definitely never crossed my mind. I've always love the stretch between the bridge near Fulleton Hotel and Esplanade. Walking past ACM to Victoria Concert Hall (which holds many many wonderful memories) and to the Durian... the walk is just lovely...

The breeze beckoned me on Monday. Hence, I took a walk. At the outdoor theatre, veteran singer Ling Xiao was serenading the crowd with his voice. As the song ended, I made way into Esplanade and walked towards the concourse area. I was greeted with the voices of children, happily chanting the dikir barat. The performance drew a crowd alright. While watching them, I was drawn back to the days where we did the dikir barat as well... lovely memories indeed. ^.^

A courting dance followed next with 9 young ones taking the lead before the adults took over... Through the dance steps and the body language, the flirtatious mood was expressed alright. The young ones were quite expressive as well and I for one, am impressed.

Speaking of which, it is amazing what one could observe in a place like the courtroom. Over the 3 and 1/2 hours spent on Tuesday morning at the Sub Courts, I actually felt a tinge of flirting in the air. Body language is definitely interesting... =)

The weather has been so cold lately, I was practically freezing my butt off yesterday at the centre. As the clock went past 8 o'clock, I wondered if my beloved student was still coming. 10 mins later, she showed up in front of me. ^.^ Later, the mother told me that she had tried getting her dau to come for lesson in the afternoon or evening but she refused. She insisted on coming only at night cos that's when I am around... While I was really happy at that comment, I just wonder what would happen if I stop working at the centre. Sigh... guess I would need more time to ponder about juggling two jobs at a time.

Here's a birthday shout-out to the November Babies!!!

To Azi, who turned 21 yesterday... WELCOME TO THE YOUNG ADULTS CLUB!!! hahahah... and seriously Azi, some of your birthday wishes are just super hard to fulfill... =) But let me know if those that can be fulfilled aren't fulfilled yet ok?

To a new-found friend of mine whose birthday is tomorrow... enjoy your day...

To the one of the two longest fren that I've ever had... I really dunno what I would have become without you but then again, I dun see you veri often do I??? U better take care of yourself and 'mommy' dear alright??

To my dearest xiaomei in HK... I'm counting down the days to Dec 23... and yes, I am still alive.

Happy Birthday people!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!