Thursday, November 17, 2005

-ChildreN BlanteR 2-

There is an aura in the centre that never fails to energise me no matter how exhausted I am. (Except for that one time when I was sleeping an average of 4-5 hours over 3-4 days)

I guess its how the children never fail to bring a smile to my face effortlessly...

I used to be able to attend to 5 kids at the same time, of course that would mean by the end of the session, my fuel would be pretty much consumed. Over the past year, the kids have grown to be more independent, with the ability to do their own recording of work done. This allows us to attend to more kids at a time.

However, when the teacher is seated in the baby corner... and one of the students is in thunder mood... Attending to 2-3 kids is already a handful.

So, when 4-year-old Micah came along last night, I had to reject her.

M - "But I like you teacher."

"But teacher already have 2 students. Could you look for another teacher for today?"

M - "Why???"

"Because, teacher would have to spend all attention on you (which is true since she usually commands the full attention of the teacher that teaches her) and I have other students to attend to."

While she seemed disappointed at the response given, the next question asked amazed me...

M - "Teacher, why did you cut your hair???"

For a student whom I have not seen in 2 weeks, it sure showed her power of observation. In fact, she is the first person to have noticed that I did trim my hair... amazing isn't it?

On another hand, when a student tells you this...

"Teacher Yimei, my sister told me the answers to my homework on Sunday..."

And she gives you the innocent "I'm sorry" smile...

How do you get angry with the student??? Not when she is one of my babies... All I could say was to ask her not to do it again. No wonder even a primary 6 student could drive me up the wall...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!