Sunday, December 18, 2005

-mE.. paRt of ProductioN creW?-

"HOusE Closed... Send Boys Out... House music down... Annoucement Go... Send Boys out and lets start the Rock & Roll!!!"

They are a bunch of spontaneous people.

A group of entertainers.

I first heard of them way back in Year 2000 when Kiat sent me one of their songs - 我是真的付出我的爱. At that point in time, I was already wowed over but was too consumed with choir activities to try to find out more about this group.

It was only in Oct 2003 when an advertisement in 8 Days caught my eye. And if I remembered correctly, I only read that advertisement in that very morning and had scrambled to find companion(s) to accompany me to their Beautiful Sunday performance. There was a long queue indeed and naturally, the rationale was, who wouldn't go for a free performance in the newly opened Esplanade?? BUT... and I emphasis on the BUT, it was a truly worthy performance! I was so impressed by it, I went home with my first CD, which was the Orange CD.

However, it took me more than a year before my interest in them finally took off, having settled down in Polytechnic and getting over the fall in my life when I failed to do well again at my second attempt at the "A" levels.

I went for my first Bluemoo session in Sept 2004. I was on reservation list then but had a table in the end and the table was right in the middle of the area. It was a great atmosphere... Lovely night accompanied by nice breeze and they sounded fantastic! And on top of it all, they were such warm people and they kept the audience happy. Even the two friends that I brought along (who have never heard of them) left impressed!

Since then, I have been to their 10th Anniversary concert, May day concert and possibly every other Bluemoo sessions to date. Not to mentioned, from being known as a blogger to a fan and now, a fran.

And I've got 3 out of 4 of their CDs, all autographed... ^.^

Last year was a year where I challenged myself physically and uncover the limits that were unknown to me all these while.

This year, my dream to sing at the Esplanade was fulfilled when I joined the Wasbe Conference in July.

This group ended my year with a special note, allowing me to see how events are run backstage at the Esplanade. It may have been tiring and stressful, given that they are NO DOUBT, spontaneous people such that I panicked a few times during the actual concert, especially when they were about to sing a song that was not meant to be sung at that point in time and at the time when they decided to sing an additional song.

But I'm really glad that this group gave me this chance to be part of this production, it being my first and a very, very memorable one.

I love you all and I will continue loving you all... ^.^ And to the whole production crew, whom I doubt would get a chance to read this... I really enjoyed working with everyone, including the Esplanade people. Good Job Everyone!!!

BP ROCKS!!!

(I'll have the photos up soon!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!