Friday, August 26, 2005

-A Walk DowN tHe Memory LanE--Talk with VP & "Terrorist"-

I used to be easily contented... and aimless...

Tutors in TPJC always commented on how I never knew the art of prioritising.

They even called my mom countless times to object to the overseas trips I took in my JC years.

But I took a memory walk yesterday, in the compound that held dear memories.. and shared much laughter with tutors, who may not remember my name, but, still remembers me, as the choir gal who always hang out with 2 guys. (Don't get me wrong, I don't always hang out with guys in my JC days. I just happen to be good frens with 2 very famous guys in school, namely Matthew Lim and Reyner Tendean)

Laopa was free this week, so we met up yesterday for lunch. Since my mom started her 'singing' session (it always happens when my exams are round the corner), I decided to meet him earlier and we made an imprompto visit back to school. =)

The first tutor we saw at the canteen was Mr Chew. Good old Mr Chew still remembers Mike as he was in track and field afterall. They chatted away like good old frens while I commented on how the rules for the students in terms of uniform seemed to have lagged greatly. In fact, they actually have a choice not to wear their school belts and they no longer need to wear their ties!!!! RARR... back in those days, we would get punish for not wearing them! ~Bleah~

Then, I saw a familiar face and left the table to join the other table. Eugene was in school! Hahaha... really glad to see his face recovered and all. =) Felt really good catching up with him as well since its been a couple of months since his dreadful fall. We shared some good laughter with Sean and the Art Teacher for almost 20 minutes before heading on our separate ways as they make their way back to their beloved Art Room while me and Mike embarked to see other tutors.

Stopping by the Teachers board, we realised how many tutors have left over the past 4 years. Ms Joanna Ong aka Mrs Leong is no longer there as well! The only tutors left were my GP tutor, my dear Chinese tutor and of course, my Bio tutor aka VP now.

Before I came to TP, I had told myself that I probably would not go back to the grounds I love till I've graduated. Reason being that I never erase the guilt I had for failing to do well in my sciences and my science tutors had so much faith in me, especially Mr Toh, who recommended me to continue taking Biology despite me failing that subject at O levels. Besides, the Teachers' Day over the past years always collide with my timetable, making it impossible to go back anyway. This year, I had the intentions to go back to visit since Teachers' Day fell on my study week break. But since Laopa was free, I might as well just make my way back with company and good company it was.

I would never be able to tell you how much that sentence meant to me but hearing it for the first time, it really erased all guilt I had towards you.

"I am proud of you"

This is probably one of the longest times I have spoken to you and I really enjoyed it though I left Laopa to go find his own tutors while we chatted away. But it really meant alot to me. To all TPJC ex-students, TPJC is turning 20 next year! Do give your fullest support for the events next year! =)

Finally, me and Laopa had our last chat with the tutors, which went on for almost an hour and we nearly laugh till tears fell as we see the tutors bickering with each other. We chatted with my beloved Chinese tutor, who sounded like he just woke when we called his ext. no. Then came along Mrs Neo, my first 3 months C-Maths tutor who remembered me! Then the bickering began and the story unfolded about the 'terrorist'... Apparently, Mr Tan went to one of the JC to invigilate their oral exams. As he made his way home, he decided to cut across the school compound and was seen by the Principal of the JC... and he got stopped, apparently mistaken as a threat to the JC! Talk about fear for terrorists yeah... even TPJC has a security guard post at the entrance now. We also got to interact with this new tutor, Ms Mai and she increased our laughter as well while suaning Mr Tan. Now I know, if I need a standup comedian, I definitely know who to approach. =)

All in all, I had a lovely morning back in the school I loved. And as promised, I would keep to my word and participate to the fullest for next year's events! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!