Monday, June 06, 2005

-TraDiTioNs-

Plasir de Chanson... a night to celebrate music and enjoy music...

An event celebrated annually by tampinesians, performed by choristers...

I guess tradition is hard to break. I use to think that such a practice was carried out almost everywhere. But from the many concerts I've been to, I realise that I've never seen such practice being carried out... That Sat night's performance confirmed it all. Yes, this practice is definitely a tradition of the choristers of tpjc...

The art of pillaring...

An art usually performed after the choir thanked all the respective teachers-in-charge.

Done usually on the guy committee members only.

And still done despite the prescence of parents around with worried or shocked faces...

Yup, that's the tradition of the tpjc choir pple..

That aside, I enjoyed the performance tremendously given that its been quite awhile since I last attended a choral concert. I did find the concert a little short though but nevertheless, it was well done.

To my pleasant suprise, my conductor still remembers my name but on the other hand, he continuously harped about how my batch is by far the 'worst' batch he has ever had.... *sigh* Guess nothing we do can erase his memory of The Blue Bird we did in Austria then in a flat key.... But like Yixiong said, we may did badly for this particular song, we are still the most fun-loving batch ever! Which batch of tpjc choir would have the chance to experience sooooo much within a short span of 2 yrs?!?!? From Mikado to carolling to NDP recording (where we got super upset cos the NDP booklet left out our choir's name) to SYF to overseas competition and many many more....

Looking back, I would not exchange all these experiences for anything... and so I quote, from my secondary school days... "Choir has become part of my life..." and it will always be... =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!